Why would a gin brand follow a brand stories site? I thought to myself.
Click click, and it dawned on me… They’ve tapped into the ultimate storytelling UGC goldmine; User generated movie scripts. GENIUS!
“We believe that everyone has a film in them. One inspired by imagination; not just technical know-how.”
The BIG IDEA in a Nutshell
Bombay Sapphire has always been associated with imagination. It’s what built the brand; their story if you will.
“Infused With Imagination, Bombay Sapphire shows you how to mix some of its more notable cocktails and explore responsibly.”
Watch this video for more on Bombay Sapphire’s interpretation of imagination:
Taking the Story Online
What better way to take their “imagination” story online than to leverage the incredible power of UGC.
Geoffrey simply asks aspiring storytellers to submit their script for a chance to win BIG.
It goes on to explain that with the advent of technology, film-making (storytelling) is no longer just the domain of the privileged few. Today, anyone can create an award-winning script.
He goes on to provide some tips in script-writing…
So, How is the Digital Campaign Doing So Far?
Not so good unfortunately. Some stats (and tips):
- Only 16K followers of their campaign on Twitter (a huge success compared to the paltry 717 followers of their main brand Twitter profile). FREE TIP: Don’t require to be followed before you reveal your content. Also, tweet more! Imagination is a rich topic .
- 184,295 likes on Facebook. Decent, considering Gin is not mainstream, but only 5k “talking about it”. FREE TIP: Targeted Facebook Adverts.
- YouTube, a measly 507 views to their tips video! FREE TIP: Have you thought about a partnership with Storylogue?
- SEO performance, horrendous! FREE TIP: Please get in touch! A couple of free tips are waiting .
- Get a Pinterest Account. Images and Imagination go hand in hand. FREE TIP: It’s already happening with or without you.
In association with the Tribeca Film Festival, Bombay Sapphire will select the Imagination Series winners alongside a panel of film industry luminaries from across the globe. Chaired by Geoffrey Fletcher, the final panel will be announced soon.