Earlier this year, Unilever launched their Clear hair care brand in what I consider brilliant use of social TV technology.
In a nutshell, they empowered viewers of a story-styled advert to chart their own path to “the Best Night Ever”.
Try it for yourself…
Spreading the Brand Message & Owning the Conversation
Besides the fact that the owner of this technology is a friend of mine, I believe this campaign is brilliant for various other reasons:
- It empowers consumers to help tell the brand story (the source of great hair lies in the root/scalp).
- It allows bespoke stories to be shared with friends – spreading the message even further.
- It provides Unilever with a platform to host the “Best Night Ever” conversation.
The Social Beast is Hungry – Feed it Stories
Point #3 above is key.
Through this campaign, Unilever was able to latch on to a strategic topic that provides ongoing engaging social content that feeds the social beast all year round.
Other Places to Find Clear
- Official Web Site
- Clear Hair Care on Facebook
- Clear Hair Care on Twitter
- Clear Hair Care’s Youtube Channel