In this article I shall be covering the element break down of Apples Signature video.
I shall be answering the following questions…
Why is it successful? Why does it resonate?
As well as the above, you will also be getting a brief overview of HOW you too can also achieve this level of success!
There are 5 reasons why this Ad has been successful. They are:
How To Make Use of All
1. Focus on SHOWING what your product allows your customer to experience.
2. Use the audio as a way to elaborate on what is happening
3. Use the audio as to further WHY you do what you do
4. Know when to SHOW something and when you have to TELL.
5. Know the difference between Verbal and Audio
The overall point to be made clear here, is that Apple have made use of all available channels of communication with its audience. Your not just buying visual space, you have sound which means audio and verbal channels of communication.
Now lets look at the actual break down of both visual and audio elements.
So why does this resonate so well with its audience?
Tone of Voice – choice of words used alongside the images. Your not hearing and seeing the same thing, in a repetition. This gimmick is used in traditional sales commercials. This new form of commercial using a non-sales narration giving more meaning to the video through explaining the experience and the association of the power of Apple products across the world in different scenarios. They truly are empowering individuals lives.
Slow video, your invited in, to participate as you are with Apple stores. Experience what they too are on screen. Its a far cry from flashing images, tedious songs to try work their way into your memory (often to a negative point). Who said people have lost their attention spans? Clearly not.
The video lasts exactly 1 minute and 2 seconds. It displays the WHY that Apple (have consistently used as their marketing message) do what they do.
The above should give you a bit more of an understanding of HOW to achieve the same level of success from you videos.
1. A tone of voice in context to your message and brand. This does not necessarily mean the same calm demeanor demonstrated in this video could work on a different message.
2. Keep it short and sweet. Have you noticed Apple isnt the only brand that has acquired more air time to tell you their story? The video duration of 1:02, that’s 32 seconds more than a typical ad.
3. The 5 steps to creating a message that makes use of all channels of communication. Your paying for this ad space you might as well make the most of it!
Brand Storyteller and Content Strategist. Driver and explorer of new innovative marketing fields. Experience working with planning and delivering global digital campaigns for some of the worlds largest FMCG brands. Have a question or would like to get in touch please do over at my twitter handler @OuroborosEnt or on Google+